Friday, November 27, 2009

Highway Robbery


Back in 2001 or 2002, Enterprise Car Rental charged $9.99 per day for their three-day, weekend special of a Ford Focus.  At the time, I owned a 17-yr-old mustang which wasn't running the best, so driving a new Ford Focus at that rental rate was great!  In 2004, I purchased a preowned, 2003 Hyundai Elantra, so I didn't have a need to rent anymore.  Now that that car is gone, I've gone back to, Enterprise.  Since April of this year, though, I've noticed that their weekend special for cars much smaller than a Focus has gone from $13.99 per day to $17.49.  Today, in fact, they're charging $24.99 per day (they say, because of the holiday).  Uhh...the holiday was yesterday!!  Whatever!  All I know is the car rental biz is one helluva racket!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment