Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Knew You When...





Last night I watched the "Dancing With The Stars" finale.  The musical guest was, Whitney Houston.  I've said many times before how much joy her voice has given to me.  And I'm talkin', real, tangible joy.  Just to see her stand at a mic and open her mouth used to make me feel like one of the happiest dudes on earth.  Her voice was that mesmerizing to me.  Last night, however...well, last night, her performance made it abundantly clear to me that she should never perform in concert again.  I don't see how she could.  Her voice is ravaged.  Absolutely gone different!  What I wonder, though, is how she truly feels about its loss.  I mean, surely she, too, goes to YouTube -- from time to time -- and listens to the majestic tone and range she used to have.  Well, luckily for me and all her fans the world over, we have YouTube.  'Cause the Whitney Houston of today is a stranger to me.  I don't know that woman's voice.  And, quite honestly, I never want to!  I choose to remember her when she SANG HER FACE OFF...

No comments:

Post a Comment