Friday, January 15, 2010

Stay The Course


When I first moved here to L.A. back in 2000, I used to work for the catering company behemoth, Patina Catering.  At some point, I began working with the young lady pictured above:  Stephanie Courtney.  Her sister, Jennifer, worked there, too, and is also very talented.  I once went to see them perform a show they wrote called, Those Courtney Girls.  It was terrific.  I now look at Stephanie's success as the spokesperson for Progressive Insurance and think to myself:  One's dream(s) can indeed happen for him/her as long as he/she stays the course.  Persistence is EVERYTHING!  Absolutely EVERYTHING!  Stephanie's current success makes me feel like she's Debra Winger in the last scene from An Officer And A Gentleman when Richard Gere comes back and whisks her away from her horrible factory job!  That easily could have been Stephanie and her cater-waiter friends.  Progressive came in and scooped her up, leaving all the other waiters behind to envy her lucky ass shout, "Way to go, Stephanie!  Way to go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment