Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Way Back In The Day

As a kid, I truly looked soooo forward to Christmas!  My parents didn't have much money by any stretch of the imagination, but boy, oh boy did they find a way to get Santa to bring us most of the toys we wanted.  My most favorite toys during that time were:


1.) Tonka Winnebago
(loved the husband, wife & dog that came with this; named him, Bob; her, Miss Barbara; and the dog, Duke!)


2.) Trouble board game
(loved popping the bubble in the center and knocking my opponents back to home base!)


3.) Ants In The Pants
(just loved beatin' my younger brother and sister!)


4.) Slinky
(loved this toy for maybe an hour or two, then got tired of runnin' up & down the steps with it!)


5.) Dictionary
(was pissed when my older sister gave me this thing; but, believe it or not, here it is damn near 30 yrs later and it's the ONLY Christmas gift STILL being used!  My brother STOLE it from me, though!)

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I had that Tonka Winnebago too as a Xmas gift. My grandparents had a real one just like it. I tossed aside the Bob, Miss Barbera, and Duke though. It became the new means of transportation for my superhero figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Winnebago was my all-time FAVORITE toy!!! Just LOVED it! Wish I still had it. Saw it for sell online in pristine condition for $400!! Damn thing only cost "Santa" $19.95 when I got one in the 70's! :)

    ReplyDelete