Saturday, February 20, 2010

God Will Know

Back in 1986, my love affair with Whitney Houston's voice was in full effect!  To me, it was angelic and smooth and clear and as close to perfect as humanly possible.  Now, here we are twenty-four years later and boy, oh boy, has life flipped the script.  Less than twenty minutes ago, I stumbled across a video of her recent, concert performance in Seoul.  What I heard truly broke my heart.  Below is one of her performances in 1986 that brought me such joy.  And, below it, is the Seoul, concert footage.  I'm convinced that even a man with no ears could hear the differences between the two.  And equally convinced that a man with no eyes would weep as a result.  I wish her well.  I truly mean that.  What has become of her instrument breaks my heart.  Plain and simple.  How will she know that I will always love her voice of old?  She won't.  But God will.  And that's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment