Thursday, March 4, 2010

Here...

Earlier this afternoon I met up with two friends for what I anticipated was only gonna be a smoothie and conversation.  Instead, I got so much more.  I got to listen to one of the friends get a bunch of built-up sh*t off his chest.  And taking one look at him, I could clearly tell that he probably doesn't eat as well or often as he'd like.  So, I walked nextdoor and bought him something to eat.  He was very appreciative.  No, I don't have much money myself and am living on the wings, prayers and kindness of any number of people.  But I knew I had to do something for my friend.  I wound up being rewarded in a sense anyway, 'cause when I went into the restaurant to purchase the food, the manager rang up the sale, but on the low-low, wouldn't take my money.  See, that goes to show that one blessing begets another almost every time.  I was happy to be there for my friend in distress.  And I was happy that the restaurant manager (without even knowing why I was buying the food) blessed him, too!  Each one, help one.  That philosophy would make the world spin round a lot more lovingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment