Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Everything Must Change

Back in 1985, I was madly in love with a vocalist who I thought was beautiful and could sing her face off!!!  Over the years, I've watched her life, instrument and appearance change.  Of course, it's subjective whether or not the changes have been for the better or worse.  To me, though, they've just been changes.  And, if I live long enough, I, too, will continue to change.  I hope and pray, though, that most of my changes are for the better.  I want to be more than I am.  Not less.  Whitney Houston will always go down in MY history as a woman whose voice amazed and pleased me in equal measure.  I wish her well; regardless the changes her life, instrument and looks have experienced.

4 comments:

  1. We've all witnessed the evolution of Whitney Houston.

    You could have inserted Michael Jackson's pictures throughout the years. Nobody had a more public evolution than the King of Pop.

    The difference is Whitney's still here to evolve.

    Do you see my point?

    Let's celebrate who she may become. No need to dwell on who she once was.

    That's what we should be focusing on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking to my pastor the other day about her. And his sentiments mirror yours. Indeed, as long as she has breath, she can make changes. As can you. And I. God works in mysterious ways, they say. So, with His divine participation, her instrument could indeed come back. Oh, what a glorious blessing that'd be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see a blog posting about the Triumphant Return of Whitney Houston.

    "Sparkle" is going be a big film. Whitney's not only starring (top billing), she's producing. Important step in the evolution of a diva.

    Let's accentuate the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Accentuating the positive it is! I'll be in the audience for SPARKLE for sure!!!!! And Ms. Houston will SPARKLE in her performance! I'm callin' it NOW!

    ReplyDelete