Friday, June 11, 2010

He Said, She Said

Earlier today I received a voicemail from one of my friends, tellin' me he really needed to talk to me.  I called him back shortly thereafter and boy oh boy did he have something interesting to tell.  Well, let me qualify that by saying that HE thought he had something interesting to tell.  When he told it, quite honestly, the news was ho hum to me. -- Apparently, a high school acquaintance of his hit him up on Facebook with a friend request.  He didn't recognize the chick, but he accepted her anyway because she included a message that told him she attended his high school.  She also asked in her message if he recognized her.  He immediately ran to his yearbook to look her up, but only found one person with that same surname.  He reckoned she was the sister of the dude he knew way back then.  And he told her as much.  She then went on to tell him that she wasn't the sister of the guy he remembered.  She, in fact, WAS the guy.  Well, not the SAME guy, but he is who she tumbled into this world being.  My friend was SHOCKED!  In his voicemail to me, he said (and I'm paraphrasing): "I know you've met these kinds of people and I've heard about 'em on television, but this is the FIRST one I've ever known personally."  And that may very well be so.  But, as for me, heck, it seems that since the day I moved to NYC crossdressers and trannies were practically everywhere I went.  I even used to live across the street from a notorious transvestite bar in '88 on W. 43rd St.  It was called, SALLY'S HIDEAWAY.  And I knew just what the "chicks" in that bar hid away, too!  Ha!  I once "met" a pre-op tranny online and seriously contemplated meeting "her" in person, but never mustered up the courage to do so.  That was then.  I wouldn't shy away from meeting her now.  People are people.  And that's just the way it is.  Besides, some of 'em look pretty damn good if you ask me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment