Tuesday, October 12, 2010

WTF!!!!!!!!!

Yet another teen, Aiyisha Hassan, has taken her life as a result of not being able to deal with the stress of being gay.  I mean, honestly, my heart goes out to all the recent teen and early 20s suicides.  But, really?  Where is the internal strength as seen in generations past?  If these people can't deal with name-calling and threats of physical assault (or actual, physical assaults), would they EVER have made it through ANY decade before the 2000s?  I suspect their deaths answer that question for me.  I hope & pray that people---young and old alike---one day accept that not everyone has to think and/or live the same way they do in order to respect and appreciate each other.  We are NOT clones of each other.  We are all different.  Uniquely and marvelously different.  And that's a GOOD thing.  No.  Correction.  That's a GREAT thing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment