Friday, October 29, 2010

Yosemite CAM

I think I'm gonna take a journey to Yosemite National Park in northern California, or to some other great park like that before too long.  On today's OPRAH, she and Gayle went to Yosemite to campout overnight and looked like they had a blast!!  The show came about because Oprah received a series of letters, over the course of six years, from a black ranger at Yosemite.  He told her that of the thousands and thousands of people who visit the park, only about one percent are black people.  He wants to change that.  So, being two, black folks who hadn't visited a national park like Yosemite, Oprah and Gayle made a pilgrimage!  Today's episode was pretty entertaining as getting those two together usually is.  I love parks.  Love them.  But I haven't stayed overnight in one since my Boy Scout days years and years ago.  It's high time I change that.  Thanks, Oprah!  And thanks, Mr. Shelton Johnson (Yosemite Park ranger)!

No comments:

Post a Comment