Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oooooops!!!!!!!!

Thought I'd be a kind soul yesterday and treat a friend to a late lunch.  The cashier told me the total and I handed over my debit card.  Declined!  I was shocked.  I asked, "Did you try it as a debit?"  She said,
"No--credit."  I said, "Try it again as a debit."  She did.  Declined again!  Of course there were a dozen folks behind me, waiting to beat the 3:30 PM cutoff for the cheaper, lunch rate!  I wound up having to leave and immediately called the bank to see what was up.  I was told that the sheriff's department had placed a "levy" on my account, which froze it until I spoke to them.  I called the number given to the bank and only got a voicemail.  I left a message and am now awaiting a return call to see what the heck is goin' on.  I think I have an idea, but I ain't assuming a thing.  I'll call around the clock later today, if I have to, until I get someone on the phone!  How embarrassing!  Geez!

No comments:

Post a Comment