Tuesday, December 14, 2010

100% FAT FREE!


One of my dear friends has a problem.  Well, this particular friend has several problems.  But the one problem he has that truly amazes me is his homophobia. 

No, he doesn't think he's homophobic, but from many of the comments he's made over the years, I beg to differ.  Honestly, I don't think he has an issue with knowing gay men.  But I do think he has an issue with anyone thinking he might be gay. 

My friend weighs over 400 lbs.  Let me state that again:  my friend weighs over 400 lbs.  At 44 years old and no taller than 6'2", his 400 lbs are nowhere near muscular.  Nor toned.  Nor acceptable to any medical doctor with a medical degree.  Not even one procured online (if that's possible). 

I say all this to say that when I've mentioned this friend to my gay, male friends, they always ask me, "What does he look like?"  And when I describe him, every, single one of those friends just chuckles.  Why do they laugh, you ask? 

Because they know that at 400+ lbs, my homophobic friend is likely to be the largest human being in any predominantly gay, male setting; yet also the most invisible. 

The one thing he can rest assured about is that NO gay dude this side of Heaven would question his sexual preference. 

And, in all honestly, the reason is because NO gay male on this side of Heaven would CARE. 

At least, not one I know---have ever known---or am ever likely to know. 

Or even meet in passing. 

EVER!

2 comments:

  1. OK Cam, but what do YOU think? You're a gay man, so it's time to share your thoughts, not just report everything in third person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Anonymous," I said what I think: I don't think my friend has a problem with being around gay people, but I do think he has a problem with anyone mistaking HIM for being gay. Heck, I thought I expressed myself ever so clearly! :)

    ReplyDelete