Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Freaks Come Out At Night

So, last Friday night--technically Saturday Morning--I was standing at a bus stop in the heart of Hollywood on the corner of Hollywood Blvd & Highland Ave.  It was dang near 2 AM, so the streets were packed with revelers leaving the myriad of bars in the area.  Of course, there were the usual drunkards creating such a fuss that the police had to come make some arrests.  And, of course, there were the usual loud and rowdy bus passengers.  As I stood at the bus stop, I couldn't help thinking over and over again that I wasn't like "these people."  That I shouldn't have been on that stop with them.  Waiting to ride that bus with them.  And, to add insult to injury, I had less than half an hour before purchased a ticket to ride the train only to find out the last train of the night had already come and gone.  So, that's why I went to a bus stop.  The bus is always my LAST mode of transportation if I can help it.  I knew the train ticket wasn't valid on the bus, but I asked the bus driver if he'd honor it anyway since there were no more trains running and the fare is the same.  He wasn't pleased, but he allowed me to ride.  As the ride went on, I noticed two others board the bus with "sad luck" stories.  All I could think was, wow, that's why the driver gave me such attitude.  He hears these kinds of stories all the time.  Well, suffice it to say that I was just happy he let me ride and got me to my destination safely.  I'll own another car before too long.  But, until then, I'll have to get used to the idea of possibly having to ride a bus among all the freaks who come out at night on Hollywood Blvd!  Geez!

No comments:

Post a Comment