Friday, December 3, 2010

Why? Oh, Why?

Every time I look at a magazine stand or turn on the television or go to a movie or read entertainment blogs I ask myself why, oh why am I still here in Hollywood hoping and praying to earn a living in show business?  Then...I was sent a link to a spoken word performance by an actor who "looks like me."  After listening to his story, I immediately knew he was speaking MY language.  And the language of virtually EVERY actor/writer/dancer/singer "of color" in this town.  We keep fighting the seemingly pointless fight because we don't know anything else.  We don't WANT to know anything else.  And because we pit hope against hope and truly trick make ourselves believe we WILL come out of this fight on the WINNING side!  Yeah, right now, I love show business; although show business doesn't appear to love me.  But she will.  But he will.  But it will.  Yes, she/he/it will!  Whether she/he/it likes it or NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment