Sunday, February 13, 2011

Beau Knows

One of my closest friends has a dilemma.  For the first time in his life, he is cohabitating with someone he's dating.  His beau loves him.  I truly believe that.  Everything the beau says and does illustrates that.  So, what's the problem, you ask?  The heartbreaking reality is that my friend doesn't feel the same way.  And, although it ravages his beau's heart immeasurably to think about it, the beau knows.  I'm convinced the "other" person always knows.  They may not always want to accept what they know.  But they know.  I remember years ago, wearing the same shoes as the beau.  I knew.  But I hoped and prayed that what I knew would one day change.  But change rarely comes.  At least, the change the heartbroken want.  I used to sit in my Jersey City condo alone.  In the middle of the floor.  In the dark.  And listen to Bonnie Raitt sing to me what I knew.  But didn't want to know. -- I wonder if my friend's beau is familiar with Bonnie's song.  Even if he isn't, I'm 100% sure he's familiar with its message.  Like the commercial said, "[Beau] knows."  And, like I say, I know the beau wishes like hell he didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment