Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Let There Be Peace

Today was Part Two of Iyanla Vanzant's interview with Oprah.  And, quite honestly, I loved it.  I truly, truly like the woman Iyanla presents herself to be.  It was almost heartbreaking to see how her life has changed as a result of her poor, business decisions.  However, I can't feel too bad for her because she truly seems to have acquired a peace of mind she didn't have when she was swimming in professional success.  I felt a kindred spirit with her as I am now not living as "high on the hog" as I've lived in years past.  And, like her, I realize that my current lack of professional success (and monetary insufficiency) is temporary.  --- I have no idea what the future will bring, but I do know that for the here and now, I'm going to live as honestly and as lovingly as I can.  And to those who think they know me and judge me negatively/harshly for not living as they think I should live, I have but one phrase for you:  God didn't give me breath for YOUR understanding & approval.  Period. --- Iyanla, I wish you the very best.  You deserve it.
Iyanla's latest book: PEACE From BROKEN PIECES...

No comments:

Post a Comment