Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Own Show

Although I wasn't selected to be one of the 10 finalists on Oprah's Your Own Show, I still watch the show.  And, truth be told, by watching it, I believe I'm learning a lot about putting a talk show together.  And about being a host.  Am I in love with any of the contestants?  No, not especially.  If I had to choose one to win, though, I'd have to say I like the big gal, Terey Summers, best.
She has a warmth and relatability factor that I...uh...relate to! --- Watching the show doesn't make me envious of those who were/are on it.  I'm genuinely happy for them.  And I look forward to watching the premiere episode of whomever is chosen the winner.  There are three contestants left, so the end is rapidly approaching.  It'll be interesting to see what becomes of the winner and those who were booted off the show. --- I have to admit, though, that I wasn't all that thrilled with the two folks who were the actual  hosts of the show!
Yes, Nancy O'Dell looks pretty damn good to me.  But a 40+-yr-old woman, who is ALWAYS clad in  mini dresses undoubtedly sold in the Junior Dept., gets verrrrry old verrrry quickly.  And listening to a screechy, unnervingly fey male say just about anything also wears on the nerves.  But, hey, who am I to talk?  Those two HAVE hosting gigs!  Perhaps I'd have one helluva hosting career if I turned up the "screeching" AND wore tight, short dresses my dang self!  Hmmm.  Perhaps the combination of the two is a sure-fire way of gettin' me MY OWN SHOW!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment