Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Shade Of Gray

Four days ago I received a phone call from my younger sister.  She chit-chatted a bit, then sprung on me that she was in town and would be over to my place within the hour.  I didn't believe a word of it since she lives in Indiana!  Well, I'll be damned!  She WAS here and she DID arrive within an hour or so.  She's not staying here with me, though, because there's "no room at the inn."  Lol!  She's staying in a hotel next to LAX.  Yes, that's friggin' far away, but it is what it is.  Anyway, I believe she's out now with my friend, Donald.  They went to church this morning and I went to a different one.  I suspect she'll be back over this way when he's done showin' her the sights.  She's a good ol' gal, so I'm happy she visited!  It's a good thing, though, that I live my life fluidly.  I mean, spontaneity is truly one of my best qualities.  I can go with the flow at a moment's notice.  I don't think my lil sis is as pliable, though.  I get the distinct impression that she lives a pretty rigid life.  Well, if that works for her, good for her!  That wouldn't work for me.  Nothing is black & white in my world.  Thus, I admittedly/happily/thankfully live my life in the shade of gray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment