Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Because I Am I

When I look over the landscape of my life---all 47 yrs---I oftentimes ask myself, "Who am I?  What am I doing?  Why haven't I achieved what I thought I'd achieve?"  In essence:  "Why me?"  The answers to those questions are...complicated.  Well, really they aren't.  I just say they are because that makes me feel less like a "loser."  No, not a loser to the core of my being.  But a "loser" who may have lost out on some incredible experiences due to fear.  What I know for sure is that as long as I have breath in my body, I can achieve SOMETHING of  significance.  To me.  And to others.  So, let me happily and thankfully walk myself over to church right now.  I wanna just sit in the empty sanctuary, giving thanks for EVERY THING I have.  Everything I AM!  And everything I HOPE to be!  No more, "Why me?"  'Cause I know the answer.  Because I...AM...I!  And that's ENOUGH.  Always HAS been.  Always WILL be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment