Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Have No Idea

My upstairs neighbor is an attractive woman.  I suspect she's in her mid to late twenties.  She's a latina.  She has two, handsome little boys.  One of 'em just celebrated his fifth birthday a few days ago.  She also has a boyfriend.  And therein lies the problem.  The two of them fight like cats & dogs.  Of late, they've been really quiet.  Eerily quiet, actually.  Until TONIGHT!  At one point I heard a crashing sound.  I thought someone had hit something while driving into the driveway.  The next thing I heard was the shattering sound of broken glass.  And then, screaming!  Turns out, in extreme furor, he smashed the windshield of her car, which prompted her to scream obscenities at him.  Another of my neighbors came outside to intervene.  I could hear them as clearly as I can hear the sound of each keyboard stroke.  But I did nothing.  And I said nothing.  And the reason for that is because I've called the police before.  I've spoken to the girl.  Yet, nothing has really changed.  So, I'm done.  If they want to destroy each other---body and soul---so be it.  I know there are tons of folks who think being single is almost a fate worse than death.  But I say to those folks:  why stay with someone who brings you such emotional, physical and material distress?  Why???  And I'd REALLLLY love for someone to explain to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment