Monday, May 2, 2011

Tour De Farce

I can't believe I did this, but I did.  I actually walked down to Universal Studios from my place and stood in line for dang near three hours to be "seen" for a "possible" chance to come back and be interviewed to work as a Universal Studios Tour Guide for the summer!  Come again, you say!  Haaa!  Yep, I did it.  And the reason I did it is because a part of me really wants to know what being a tour guide there is like.  A part of me wants to meet all the various tourists who stream through the park and ask questions about their visit!  And a part of me just wants to do a job that requires I be nobody except inquisitive me.  Fun-loving me.  Puedo-psychologist me!  Comforting me!  I've grown so incredibly tired of pretending to be someone other than me.  No, I'm sure the gig doesn't pay enough to not need something else.  But I have a sneaking suspicion I'd really enjoy it.  And I mean, really enjoy it!  So, by this time tomorrow night I'll know if I made the cut to move on to the actual audition.  Either way, I enjoyed meeting the folks I met while standing in line.  And I also enjoyed running into one of my former, catering partners in crime.  I tell you, I never know what my day will bring, but I'm determined to always soak up as much fun & enjoyment from it as I can.  Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment