Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My World

When I was a boy, my mother used to always tell me to stop my daydreaming and join everybody in "the real world."  I recall telling her once that I didn't like it in the "real" world because it didn't seem like a great place to live.  Well, here I sit almost 27 yrs after her death and I STILL feel the same way.  Even more so, actually.  Every time I sign onto the internet I read about children being abducted or out-and-out murdered.  Husbands killing wives.  Wives killing husbands.  People simply killing for what seems like the sport of it.  I read about people losing their homes.  And people starving for a meal.  Every day it's something more horrific than the day before.  I don't like it.  I don't like it one bit.  In MY world --- the world in which everybody has a lovely home, and great friends and excellent health --- in MY world everybody is happy to be ALIVE!  Period.  --- If my mother was alive today, I wonder what she'd think of "the real world."  I wonder if she'd even for a moment want to join me in MINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment