Tuesday, January 24, 2012

That's What He Said

Yesterday, I stumbled across a short, webcam video Tyler Perry posted to his Facebook page.  I tried to figure out how to "borrow" it from his page and place it onto this post.  However, I am not technologically advanced enough to know how to do that.  So, I'll simply have to tell you what moved me most about the video.  The crux of the posting was him answering the question, "How did you make it?"  His simple answer was, "The grace of God."  Simple as that.  He used the analogy that he planted a seed and constantly watered it until the grace of God made his seed grow.  He said focus on one thing instead of spreading yourself all over the place.  Make that one thing grow and, once it has grown, other things will follow.  I needed to hear that.  I need to DO that.  I have written screenplays, written tv scripts, acted, done the talent manager thing, and a few other things.  I've  never narrowed my focus to one idea and directed all my energy toward it.  Thus, I am still searching for professional fulfillment.  One of my friends, Greg Phelan, has always told me I'd be great as a talk show host of some kind.  Heck, tons of people have told me that over the years.  And I know I'd  love the work because talking to new people comes as naturally to me as breathing.  Anyway, I've gotta make a decision about where all my focus will go so that I accomplish at least ONE, professional goal before God calls my number.  Thank you, Tyler Perry, for that video.  Oh, how I wish I could repost the darn thing here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment