Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pumped Up Kids!

I think I've been sleeping under a rock lately 'cause until today, I have never heard of the rock band, FOSTER THE PEOPLE.  And I have NBC's The Voice to thank for waking me up!  I was just on YouTube watching a battle round on that show and the two girls were singing a song I had never heard called, PUMPED UP KICKS.  Their performance was so entertaining to me that I felt compelled to look up the song.  When I did, I learned that the song was a huge hit last year.  And that the young band that originally performed it is a local, L.A. band.  Who knew?  Well, apparently lots of people did.  Now that I "know" them, I'm gonna have to listen to other songs by them.  Pumped Up Kicks is about a kid who feels isolated and shunned by the popular kids in school, so he fantasizes about coming to school and shooting "the kids in the pumped up kicks."  Hmmm.  Sound familiar???    

No comments:

Post a Comment