Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bullied To Nausea

Last night I checked out the much talked about documentary, BULLY.  The subject matter is depressing, but I think the onslaught of teenage suicide as a result of excessive bullying makes the topic mandatory, dinner conversation!  One of the kids featured in the film makes you want to reach into the screen and hug him.  Or, at the very least, beat the crap out of the kids who bully him.  

I knew going in to the film that it was something I'd want to see.  However, what I didn't know---what nobody had told me---is that the camerawork in the film is WRETCHED!!!  I mean, the camera is either wobbly or out of focus or BOTH!  And, for me, that spells INSTANT headache and NAUSEA.  Throughout the film, I found myself closing my eyes and simply listening to dialogue, because I had NO intention of running to the restroom to barf!  Ugh!  I hate unsteady camera work!  It's not artsy to me!  It's NAUSEATING!!!!

I recommend the film if crappy camerawork doesn't make you want to toss your cookies.  If it does, though, I'd say SKIP it!  But make up your own mind, of course.  I don't wanna be accused of bullying you into anything!!!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment