Thursday, June 21, 2012

Weight A Minute

Yesterday I went in for my usual, physical checkup.  My blood pressure was a terrific 115 over 78.  My blood pressure readings have consistently been pretty good.  It's my weight that knocked me for a loop.  Back in my teens, I was lucky to weigh 140 lbs.  In college, I don't think I weighed much more than that.  Well, fast-forward dang near 30 years and the 140 range is history.  The 160 range is history.  When I stepped onto the scale yesterday, it read 186 lbs!  Come again!!!!  186 lbs!  I was shocked!  I have never weighed that much in my life!  If I removed my clothing and shoes, I might have clocked in at 182 lbs or so.  I think.  Oh well.  I won't fret.  I remember the days when I used to hope and pray I was 180 lbs.  That number always seemed like such a great number to me.  I'm happy to be alive and well, so complain I won't.  But I still have to admit that my 186 lbs reading really surprised the heck out of me.  I've now gotta turn this new weight into lean, mean musculature!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment