Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rewrite For Your Life!

In the world of screenwriting, I don't think a screenplay is completely written until it has been filmed and on the big screen.  While it's on the written page, it is subject to rewrite after rewrite after rewrite.  Truth be told, all of my creations are subject to being changed until I have to deliver them to someone.  If I don't have to do that, they can change until I'm tired of looking at them.  Tonight I just completed only God knows what number of nights tinkering on a screenplay.  I'm tired of the piece now and am ready to move on to something new.  I've already gotten one version of it listed with WGA West.  Now, I'm ready to turn it over for a contest I'm entering it into in September.  Heaven help me and all writers, 'cause we honestly could write and rewrite these darn things until we gasped our last breaths.  I don't wanna do that.  But I'm sure I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment