Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sailing The Ocean Black

Frank Ocean

Much is being made of the liner notes on the channel ORANGE cd of writer/rapper/singer, FRANK OCEAN.  In them, he tells the story of once being in love with another, young guy.  Mainstream media and the black, celebrity blogs have had a field day, sharing his admission with the world.  To me, it's whatever.  I hope everybody finds love.  Heck, I haven't been too "lucky" in that department my dang self.  Anyway, Frank performed a song from the cd on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.  The performance was quiet and subdued.  His vocals don't knock me out.  But, hey, in time I'm sure I'll hear other tracks from the cd and maybe he'll show me something else.  Until then, I wish him the very best!

Update:  I just read the lyrics to this song, Bad Religion, and I think I'm feelin' this kid now more than I thought I did.  I mean, he actually has something to say in this song!  Since he's classified as a "hip hop" artist, I wrongfully just dismissed him as a musical "nothing."  I now officially change my tune AND my mind.  This kid truly wants to use his artistry to help him (and US) work out "demons."  God bless him.  God bless him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment