Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fun & Games

Last night, I finally met up for drinks with my former tenant, Gilbert.  He now lives some 60+ miles away from North Hollywood, so I see him infrequently.  Whenever we get together, though, it's always at a haunt in Toluca Lake, LUCY'S 51.  The place is relaxed, comfortable, features live entertainment and seems to be a haven for friendly folks over 21 yrs old!  Yippee!!!!  Anyway, Gilbert and I like to sit at the end of the bar and just chat up whomever is around us.  Older women usually gravitate toward him.  My 48 yrs must be a little "too mature" for them, because he manages to entertain the "seasoned" chicks in numbers.  He's a happily married man, so the attention by Mas & Grandmas Kettle simply flatter him.  Good for him!  Last night's band played rockabilly and I loved every second of it.  I spent a grand total of $17.00 all night.  Not bad for most, but, for me, it was counting pennies.  All in all, a great time was had by all.  And I'm sure we're due another outing in another two or three months!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment