Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reading Is FUN(damental)

As I work on the second, children's book of my JABARI READING SERIES, I have had to come to terms with the fact that my original illustrator-of-choice is definitely probably not gonna see my dream to the end.  He has drawn only four of 31 or so illustrations for the first book.  Terrific illustrations, mind you, but most certainly not on course.  We began our collaboration almost a year ago.  My mother used to always say, "I can show you better than I can tell you."  And he has shown me that my dream isn't his.  Oh well.  If he was the only illustrator in this country, I'd be in trouble.  But, luckily, such is not the case.  I've gotta find another.  Simple as that.  'Cause I'm going to see my books in the hands of children sooner rather than later!  So, back to writing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment