Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Change, It Comes Eventually

I don't know where Lauryn Hill is today.  I don't know what she's up to.  But I do know that when she was 25 yrs old, she possessed a wisdom beyond her years.  Beyond the years of ALL her contemporaries.  I would never say that the music industry should do away with the Nicki Minajs, Ke$has and Lil Waynes.  There's a place for them, too.  But I'd much rather listen to the wisdom and melodic music of Lauryn's.  It appears that her fame might have caused her more harm than good.  Perhaps great fame is never a good thing for anyone.  I don't suspect I'll ever know for myself.  What I do know, though, is that listening to a young, Lauryn Hill speak to even younger people has made my night.  'Cause listening to someone speak when they truly have SOMETHING to say is all right by me.  Oh, how I long for young performers like her to make a comeback.

God bless her.

"Everything is everything.
What is meant to be, will be.
After winter, must come spring.
Change, it comes eventually."

"Everything Is Everything" by Lauryn Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment