Sunday, October 14, 2012

Killing Me Softly With His Sermon

While sitting in my usual seat at church today, the pastor walked down the aisle at one point and practically stood directly in front of me as he spoke.  He was talking about how some of us have hit a wall in our lives.  How we're moonwalking instead of walking forward.  He talked about being bold with our choices.  Walking by FAITH and not by sight.  In my humble opinion, he was talking directly to ME!  In the immortal words of Roberta Flack & Lauren Hill, he was killing me softly with his sermon.

I know full well that I'm not living my highest life.  And I know full well it's because I've made or NOT made decisions based upon fear.  Fear of failure.  Fear of success.  Just unnecessary fear.  At 48 yrs old, I don't reckon I have ANYmore time to waste.  Each beat of my heart and tick of the clock puts me thisclose to the day I will be no longer.  So, it's high time I be BOLD.  It's high time I reach for the STARS so I can catch one.  It's high time I live up to the magnificent potential I possess.  Yes, I've completed two books and a screenplay over the past two and half years, but it's time to create/write something new!  --- But, boy oh boy, did Pastor TourĂ© (PT) speak directly to my soul today.

Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly with his [sermon].

No comments:

Post a Comment