Saturday, March 23, 2013

THOMAS - The D. L. Chronicles

Gabriel Corbin

Last night, I attended the premiere of, THOMAS, an episode from The D. L. Chronicles.  It was showcased as Friday night's closing presentation for the Outfest Fusion Film Festival.  Despite the fact that the copy of the piece submitted by its producers wasn't 100% compatible with the theater's system, I STILL loved what I saw.  Writer/Director/Producers, Deondray Gossett and Quincy LeNear, sure know how to write stories about real people.  Yes, their real people almost always happen to be more stunning-looking than most real people I know personally, but their trials and tribulations are still the same as we "regular-looking" folks.  Lol!

Hollywood's Egyptian Theatre was the site of the premiere!  I always enjoy seeing premieres there.  I just take the train two stops away from my place and I'm there!  Easy breezy!  Anyway, I met up with the talented actor/writer/producer, Ulrich Que (creator of new, web series, The New Reality).  He was the star of The D. L. Chronicles' episode, MARK.  In fact, seeing that episode was my introduction to Ulrich's colossal talent.  He was simply sensational.  But back to, THOMAS.  The performances in this piece were terrific, too.  I have neither heard of nor seen any of the lead performers in anything else, but I hope to see more of them in the future.  The lead performer, GABRIEL CORBIN, has one helluva presence.  It'll be interesting to see what the future has in store for him.


Check out a sneak teaser below!

No comments:

Post a Comment