Monday, May 12, 2014

Come On, Y'all


This past weekend I had a GLORIOUS time with my brother and sister-in-law who visited from Indiana.  They were here to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary.  I made reservations for them to enjoy an incredible dinner at one of L.A.'s hoighty-toightiest restaurants, but alas, they were so pooped from running around all day, they slept instead.  Oh well, that's just fine.  Spontaneity on a vacation (and in life) is just fine by me.

Not too long ago, I used to tell myself that spending a maximum (3) days hanging out with visitors was all I could muster.  For some reason, I always thought it was an inconvenience to break up my daily routine to fit in time with others.  Even if they were people I love.  Well, my volunteer work with the elderly has shown me CRYSTAL CLEARLY that I should enjoy time with loved ones every moment I can, 'cause when it's over, it's OVER!!!!!  So, that's PRECISELY what I'm doing these days.  And, truth be told, I'm LOVIN' it!!!!!

Having said all the above, let the record state:

THESE are (5) thoughts I NEVER want to have before I take my last breath:

1.)  I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. 
2.)  I wish I hadn’t worked so hard. 
3.)  I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings. 
4.)  I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. 
5.)  I wish that I had let myself be happier.

So, if anyone who loves me wants to visit with me one day or 101 days, dangit...


No comments:

Post a Comment