Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Doctor, Doctor, Give Me The News



Today I went in to get lab results for last week's cholesterol screening.  Since I stopped taking statin drugs to reduce my cholesterol, I figured I'd better go see how things are comin' along.

WELL..

The results were HORRIBLE!!!!!!  ABYSMAL!  AWFUL!

My cumulative cholesterol total was a WHOPPING 319!
HDL was 63.
LDL (the wretched stuff) was a RIDICULOUSLY HIGH 231!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, man, I felt SICK!  Figuratively, thank goodness.  Not literally!

What alarmed my nurse practitioner, though, was my Creatine Kinase total: 1401!!!  The "normal" range is 44-196.  WHAT THE F*CK!!!!!!!!!

The nurse was so concerned she gave me an EKG.  It was fine.  As was my temperature and blood pressure.  Before I left, though, she took more blood and a urine sample.  We're determined to get to the bottom of this Creatine Kinase business.  And to find a way to lower my cholesterol WITHOUT damn statin drugs!!!!!!!

I wish Mama and Daddy were still alive so I could give each of 'em a couple of vigorous shakes for passing down there cholesterol craziness!!!  LOL

I'm watching my diet like a hawk now!  I have to stick around 'til I'm READY to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

1 comment:

  1. What in the heck is up with that Creatine Kinase level? MThat's scary. I'll ask my doctor to monitor mine as well.

    ReplyDelete