Sunday, January 11, 2015

Yum Yum Yummy



Today I enjoyed a hella great brunch at CAFE SIERRA inside the Hilton Universal City hotel.  At $45 per person, it was probably the most expensive buffet I've gone to, but I have to admit, I had a BLAST!  The buffet is said to be L.A.'s version of a Vegas buffet.

I was joined by my boy, Ronnie, and his friend, Efrem.  We drank glass after glass of champagne (mixed with a frozen fruity drink).  And we ate and ate and ate.  Well, truth be told, I didn't really eat all that much.  I always use buffets for what they are: tasting opportunities.  So, I grabbed a little plate and placed several items on it.  I don't pack the plate, 'cause if I want more, I'll simply get up and get another plate.  Watching people with plates that spill over with food is simply ridiculous!  Get what you can eat, then go back for more if you choose.

Ronnie was kind enough to pay for the meal, and I left a tip.  When it was time to drive out of the garage, I was told I'd have to pay $16!!  WTH!  The "New Yorker" in me just couldn't agree to such a price, so I haggled the parking attendant down to $12!  And I STILL think THAT was too much!  :)

I'll most assuredly go back!

Except next time, I'll WALK!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment