Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Baltimore Is Burning


The rioting in Baltimore, after the funeral of Freddie Gray, is all over the news.  Everywhere!  I've only seen what I've seen online, 'cause I haven't turned on the TV to watch newscasts.  One video I saw, though, moved me to tears.  It's of a mother who is pleading with her teenage son to come home and leave the rioting.  I'm tellin' you, the video footage gets me to the core of my soul.  I can't stop weeping.  I hear her pain.  Her disappointment.  Her anger.  Her fear.  Her strong maternal desire to see her son safe.  Eventually, she got him to come home with her.  Thank God.

I hope one of the morning or evening news shows conducts an interview with this mother.  'Cause I'd like to know how she knew her son was out there.  And what was going through her mind when she confronted him in front of everybody.  Truth be told, at the moment she was able to get close to him, I bet she didn't notice that ANYBODY ELSE was out there.  I bet at that time, she ONLY saw her baby.

God bless the people of Baltimore.

God bless the people of the WORLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment