Sunday, April 12, 2015

Oh Happy Day


Today, my time with the elderly was terrific!  I got a chance to meet the offspring of a few of the residents.  I always enjoy talking to their children.  It helps me get a better understanding of what they were like as younger people.  I mean, when I met the residents, they were 80+, so hearing about their lives at 40 and 50 and 60 is really a treat.

One of the residents asked me my thoughts on "gaiety."  When he used that word, I thought I knew what he was talkin' about, but asked him to clarify himself to be sure.  Well, yeah, he was talkin' about what I thought he was.  He wanted to know what I thought of various religions' edicts about homosexuality.  I told him what I truly believe:  I couldn't care less what ANY religion thinks about it.  I intend to continue living MY life the same way:  respecting ALL people from ALL walks of life, and treating them the way I want to be treated.  Period.

As each day morphs into the next, I hope and pray more and more people learn to live and let live.  I want that more than I want anything else in this whole, wide world.

Yep, my day with the elderly was truly a HAPPY DAY!

p.s.  And EVERYBODY oughta volunteer somewhere!  It'll make you feel hella good!

No comments:

Post a Comment