Monday, May 4, 2015

Love Buddies 2015


This past Saturday night, I checked out Don B. Welch's updated stage play, LOVE BUDDIES.  The play is a series of vignettes, depicting interpersonal relationships between couples and/or friends.  It truly grapples with a range of emotions.  Just like real people do!!!!

Don first presented the play back in 2010.  In that cast, my boy, JASON NEWSOME, made his L.A. stage debut.

JASON NEWSOME

This new cast featured the stage debut of my boy, JAY HUNTER.  He did a terrific job, and after the performance, told me he had a great time, too!  I look forward to seeing him in other productions!

JAY HUNTER

Scene from LOVE BUDDIES

Scene from LOVE BUDDIES

I can't say enough about how BLESSED Los Angeles' theater community is for having DON B. WELCH.  The man CONSISTENTLY produces entertaining work!  And he consistently provides opportunity after opportunity for black performers to flex their acting muscles.  I've been patronizing his work since 2004 or so.

God bless you, Don!  This ol' boy here considers you a GODSEND to actors in this crazy business called SHOW!

DON B. WELCH and Moi! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment