Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The House That Williams-Sonoma Built

When I first moved to L.A., I earned my living as a cater-waiter.  I remember working in some incredibly stunning homes.

By far, my MOST FAVORITE house is a BREATHTAKING Italian villa in the Holmby Hills section of Los Angeles.  At the time, it was owned by the late CEO of Williams-Sonoma, W. Howard Lester.  Yes, I loved the house, but the grounds are what really knocked me out.  Especially the long driveway, surrounded by vegetation.  I mean, once the front gates open, you feel like you're entering a dream wonderland!  And you ARE!


I recall Mr. Lester being very polite.  He told me he didn't necessarily want people wandering upstairs, but when the guests arrived, they were as bowled over by the house's stunning beauty as I was, and wanted to see EVERY nook and cranny.  So, what did I do?  I let 'em wander upstairs!  Hell, I couldn't blame them.  Before they arrived, I sure as heck looked in every single room and closet all over the place, too.  All of it was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!

I know I'm livin' in a world filled with skeptics, so I can SHOW you better than I can TELL you!








No comments:

Post a Comment