Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Simple Abundance, Part Deux


For the past three weeks I've been working back at my reality game show gig.  I've been working this gig for the past three or four years.  This year, though, has been different, 'cause this year, I'm working a lot more hours.  And you know what?  That's just fine with me.

My spirit is such that being cooped up in an office building simply wouldn't do.  Heck, I haven't worked a gig in an office setting since...well...since sometime in the '80s.  I could be a poster boy for the life of freelancing!  Yesterday, I had to decline a week-long gig with Disney at Comic-Con because I'll be here at this gig.

I've never been to Comic-Con, but from what I hear, it's a sea of people and the work days are exhausting.  Yes, if I wasn't working here, I would have jumped at the chance to work there, but, the wise man knows I am where I'm supposed to be.  So, I won't fret over the missed opportunity.

My current work days consist of holding up in an oh-so-comfy house with glass walls that allows me to look out over the landscape and see much of Los Angeles in all its glory.

No cubicles.

No co-workers.

No incessant phone ringing.

No boss looking over my shoulder.

No petty intra-office gossip.

Just me,

My borrowed MacBook Pro,

A fully-stocked fridge,

A delightful young lady (or two),

Tranquility,

And, yeah, a pool.


I have no complaints.

Truly.

Not one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment