Sunday, November 22, 2015

I Was Thinking...


I began the day in Marina Del Rey at a beautiful champagne brunch buffet.  Yes, I was joined by my brunch buddy, Ronnie.  He and I always arrive when the brunch begins and remain 'til it ends.  Just eatin' and drinkin' all the mimosas we can stomach!  Well, I drink mimosas.  He mixes the champagne with juice or something.

Anyway, today was as terrific a brunch as they usually are.  The weather was great and the restaurant was pretty full.  I'm always happy to see businesses be filled with paying customers!

After brunch, Ronnie and I made our way over to WeHo.  First stop: The Abbey.  Then, off to Trunks.  By night's end, I wound up driving a young man and his girlfriend to their apartment.  I had noticed them earlier in the evening, and I could tell they were fighting.  Who knew then that a couple hours later, as I was walking toward my car to go home, I'd run into the young man looking rather petrified.  I walked right up to him and said, "What did you do to that pretty young lady you were fighting with earlier?"  Yep, those were the first words out of my mouth even before an introduction.  I know, I'm mighty bold.  But, dangit, I know what I saw earlier, so I was right on the money.  He readily told me he had not noticed where she went and he was frantically looking for her because she didn't know her way around the area.  And because she was drunk.  I told him to get into my car and we'd drive up and down WeHo until we saw her.  His gut instinct obviously told him to trust me.  So, he jumped into my car and we set out on our journey.

As fate would have it, we didn't even drive one full block before we saw her standing on a corner.  He hopped out of the car and encouraged her to get in, then I pulled off.  She thought I was an Uber driver.  During our drive, I was determined to calm her down.  She called a few assholes names, then I switched the topic to HER.  Where was she from?  Her ethnicity?  She gave up the goods without hesitation.  And she didn't sound drunk.  Just heavily tipsy!  Haaa!

Anyway, by the time I dropped them off at their place, both were in good spirits.  In fact, when I pulled up in front of their place, I jumped out of the car and gave 'em a group hug.  They offered money.  I declined.  Then I hugged 'em again!  They told me they'd invite me to their potluck dinners.  And who knows?  If they actually do it, I might actually attend!

Truth be told, I believe I am an angel.  My life's purpose is to aid people in feeling better about themselves and others.  That purpose might not ever afford me a 6000 sq ft house, or money to jet here and there on a moment's notice.  But it DOES allow me to lie my head on my pillow at the end of a long day, feeling GREAT about being ALIVE.  And about being a BLESSING.

That's fine enough...

And RICH enough for me!

2 comments:

  1. the last paragraph is well written. i believe you are an angel too, because it is not human to know that wealth comes from the soul. Bask in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being a positive spirit in this would and helping others. Love and Light

    ReplyDelete