Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Soul Cafe


Last night, I dusted off my age-old apprehension about attending musical theater and stepped out to see Don B. Welch's THE SOUL CAFE.

Boy, oh boy, am I HAPPY I did!

The SINGING was OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!

Andrea Jones opened her mouth and I swear, HEAVEN rolled out note after note after note!!!

And who knew Todd Anthony has a voice-over voice as smooth as silk and an inner DEMON that the audience wanted to CRUCIFY??!!!

I'm not a violent person by any stretch of the imagination, but I sure wanted to slap Scott St. Patrick Williams' character upside the head.  SEVERAL times!!! B*tch betta have my money!!! Haaa!

THE SOUL CAFE was a HOOT!

And Loretta Devine is SIMPLY DIVINE!!!!!

When the show comes back, I'm GOIN' back to see it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment