Thursday, February 25, 2016

Tooth Fairy @ 52


Well, I went to see my dentist today and he told me some not-so-great news.

I have to have a tooth pulled!!!

Yep, at 52 years old, one of my teeth has to be replaced.  A molar!

Lately I've been chewing on the left side of my mouth because doing so on the right side is hella uncomfortable.  You see, back in October 2015, I awakened myself out of sleep because I was grinding my teeth.  I had never noticed myself doing anything of the sort, but that morning, I felt it.  Later that day, my right, back molar didn't feel right, so I walked into The Saban Community Clinic and saw the dentist on duty.  She wound up cleaning my teeth and referring me to an endodontist.  I never followed up on the referral, so here I am some four months later FINALLY confronting the issue head-on.

According to my dentist, the tooth is a goner.  My grinding cracked it right in the dead center.  It cannot be saved.  Now, the bacteria that has infected it over the months has caused a pimple-like growth to form on the gum next to the bad tooth.  It's UGLY!  Well, nobody can see it except me, but it's STILL ugly!  

My dentist has referred me to an endodontist, and in just a bit, I'm gonna call that doctor's office and make an appointment.  I'd call now but my phone's battery is dead.  Just like my tooth!  My tooth hasn't turned darker yet, so I must still have time to intervene in some way.  At least, that's what I'm hoping!

I'm wise enough to know that as the years collect, my body will undergo changes.  It's simply my hope, though, that those changes are only primarily for the better!  Truth be told, I don't need this situation right now.  Nor ever!  But who am I to expect that I'll never be afflicted with less-than-marvelous health from time to time?  A wishful thinker, that's who I am!

After speaking to the endodontist, I'll do whatever he/she says.

But I don't have to like it!!!!!

Despite this temporary setback, I am still IMMEASURABLY THANKFUL for all I have.  All I am.  And all I'll one day be!!!!!!!!!!!!

This, too, shall pass.    

No comments:

Post a Comment