Thursday, March 31, 2016

Dental Implant - Do or Don't?


Two days ago I had a lower, right molar extracted.  Tooth #31.  Apparently I had cracked it or something.  I believe I injured it as a result of bruxism (teeth grinding).  Anyway, once the tooth was pulled, the dentist reiterated that an implant would be his recommendation.

That's where I am now.  Do I or don't I?

The cost of an implant is pretty damn steep.  At least $3500.  And I pay out of pocket, so I have to watch every penny.

I'm online right now, searching the internet, reading testimonials of the pros and cons of implants.  99% of what I'm reading is from folks who agree with my dentist.  In fact, I've read only one testimonial from a disgruntled customer of an implant.  And, whew, she was plenty disappointed.

Geez!  I've got some serious thinking to do.  Tomorrow, I'm gonna go to my dentist and get a printout of all necessary costs, then go from there.

Teeth.

I wanna live WITH 'em.  DON'T wanna live WITHOUT 'em!

2 comments:

  1. Great Post, Gum Contouring is a simple and quick procedure that involves reshaping the gum line to improve the look of your smile.

    Cosmetic Dentist Coral Springs
    Cosmetic Dentist Pompano Beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. By far the best dentist I've been too. All the staff is beyond helpful and friendly, they make you feel like extended family.emergency dentist Airdrie

    ReplyDelete