Sunday, September 25, 2016

What Is A Chalazion?


THIS is what I have had on my dang eyelid for a WEEK!!!!

YUCK!

What is it, you ask?

Well, let me tell you: a CHALAZION is a slowly developing lump that forms due to blockage and swelling of an oil gland in the eyelid. A chalazion is generally not an infection. A chalazion often starts out as a very small red, tender, swollen area of the eyelid. In a few days, it may change to a painless slow-growing lump the size of a pea. A chalazion is often confused with a stye (or hordeolum), which is an infection of an oil gland in the eyelid. A stye produces a red, swollen, painful lump on the edge or the inside of the eyelid and usually occurs closer to the surface of the eyelid than chalazia. Left untreated, a stye can result in the formation of a chalazion.

All I know is, I want it GONE!!!!

YESTERDAY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment