Monday, October 24, 2016

Griffith Park & I


On a daily basis, I try my damnedest to get to the park to take a long walk!

Sometimes I climb mountains.

Sometimes I just walk on flat land.

I do jumping jacks, imaginary jump rope (that means "jumping rope" without an actual jump rope), push-ups, etc.

And I walk.

And I walk.

And I walk some more.

Today, I brought along a 21-year-old fella.  It made my day to see him sweat.  'Cause, truth be told, I didn't wanna be the ONLY one sweating!  And, man, I did indeed sweat like a hooker in church!

The kid thought my routine was strenuous, so that made me feel good.  He was rather taken aback at the attention my walk garners.  See, women sometimes drive past me, honk their horns, hoot and holler, then keep it movin'.  But men who...um...find me "interesting," usually drive by slowly, practically stalking me like a lion creeps up on a gazelle.  Honestly, the several, male "admirers" who drove by today really surprised the kid.  At one point, I saw him lift his arms up in mock exasperation, while looking in the direction of a particularly persistent fella.  All in all, though, I'm happy the youngun now knows the work I put into lookin' this dang good!  Haaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment