Monday, September 25, 2017

His Town


Now that I'm taking more of my daily walks in Elysian Park, I gotta admit, it's really interesting when I stumble upon all the people who actually live INSIDE the park.

The photo above depicts a little "town" that a guy has created inside the park.  I mean, he actually lives there alone and constructed it from whatever he found in the park.

It amazes me that Park Rangers allow him to live there, but who's he hurting?  Nobody.  So, he lives there in peace.

It's really quite a sight to behold his little fortress.  It's located at the bottom of a mountainside.  Hidden from passersby who travel on the road above it.  The only reason I discovered it was because I walked up a dirt path to see where it led, and voila, this dude's compound is where it led.

There are tarps and tents hidden throughout the park.  Obscured by vegetation.  But I've spotted many of 'em.  One of the encampments even has a dog "sitting guard."

I don't know how these people wound up living in the park, but I wish 'em well.

No comments:

Post a Comment