Thursday, November 16, 2017

Mudbound


Last night I went to a screening of Dee Rees's latest film, Mudbound.

Man, oh man, is that young lady a true artist.

There were moments in the film that had me sitting at the edge of my seat.

And covering my dang eyes!

Racial hatred always gets me down.

Heck, all hatred does.

The film takes place in Mississippi in the '40s, so you know race relations are gonna be an issue.

A black family and white family who live on the same farmland have to coexist.

And Mudbound shows us precisely how they did it.

Or didn't.

Performances were terrific.

And I really liked the slow and steady pace of the film.

Listening to Dee Rees speak after the screening is always a treat.  The woman speaks so dang eloquently I could happily listen to her recite Aesop's fables.

All in all, the film was worth every cloudy eye in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment