Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bon Voyage

Princess Cruise Ship

Fraternity Brother Extraordinaire

Portofino Dining Room

Yesterday, one of my favorite Fraternity Brothers invited me to come aboard the Star Princess cruise ship he was going to set sail on to Hawaii.  Apparently, Princess Cruises has a program called "Bon Voyage Experience" that allows people to come aboard the ship four hours before departure to tour the vessel, enjoy lunch in the Portofino Dining Room and otherwise get VIP treatment so that they'll love what they see enough to one day book a cruise.

I was amazed at the ship's immense size!  There were literally 17 or 18 decks.

The tour guide walked me all around the ship, from front to back.  It truly is a hotel on water!

I was thoroughly impressed with the ship's staff who were dressed impeccably and stood at attention, waiting to greet guests.  From the staff greeting me in the hallways to those who greeted me on the elevators, there were friendly-looking people everywhere.

This particular cruise appeals mostly to an elderly clientele, so I sorta felt like I was back at my volunteer gig at the residence for the elderly.  Walkers, electric wheelchairs, etc. made me feel at home.  Haa!

I checked out my Fraternity Brother's cabin.  The balcony off the cabin was really nice.  I can see him and his cabin mate enjoying relaxing moments sitting out there after they set sail.

One of my favorite aspects of the entire cruise ship is that dang near everywhere there was a tv or projection screen, The Love Boat was playing on it!!!!  Goodness knows I enjoyed that show back in the day!  It was great to see Julie, The Captain, Isaac and the others again! Haa!

I enjoyed my 'Bon Voyage' time on the ship for the entire, four hours allowed.

After inhaling a delicious frozen margarita on one of the outside decks, I hightailed it back to land!

I sure hope Mike, my Fraternity Brother, and Tim, his cabin mate, have a glorious 15-day excursion to Hawaii.  Both are experiencing some health issues at present, so I'm hoping those issues won't negatively impact their adventure!

BON VOYAGE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment